On 25 August 2017 at 23:46, Dirk Hohndel <d...@hohndel.org> wrote:

>> On Aug 25, 2017, at 1:40 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> here is my script to pull the headers locally from the Qt source code
>> git repository.
>> from there it's a matter of "sudo cp"-ing them in the correct Qt
>> header's folder - e.g.:
>> /usr/include/qt5/QtLocation/5.9.1/QtLocation/private/
>>
>> usage:
>> $sh ./get_qtlocation_private_headers.sh 5.9.1
>>
>> the alternative is to use packages from other distros - already mentioned.
>
> That may be even easier than what I just sent out.
>
> Here's my request - can you add to this script
>
> a) detection if the headers are already there (qmake -query
> QT_INSTALL_HEADERS and poke around there)
> b) if not, download the headers (using the script or something similar)
> c) don't install into the system path, but have them in install_root and
> modify googlemaps plugin to pick them up from there if necessary

i got this working (a,b,c) with the headers residing in the plugin
folders, but vladest needs to revert the PR, IMO.
also i'm pretty sure we need to pull the QtPositioning private headers too.

except for c) -> can you please explain "install_root"?
is this where all the subsurface source code resides after pulling.
would that mean that there would be a "googlemaps" folder in there,
where supposedly the private headers needs to be placed too if they
don't exist in ?

will continue on this tomorrow.

lubomir