Dirk,

> On 4. Jan 2020, at 17:37, Dirk Hohndel <d...@hohndel.org> wrote:
>
> That answer makes no sense, Robert.
> The version that messed up your data is the version that wrote the very
> commit that removes the o2 value.
> So do a git log -p on your cloud repo and search for that specific change,
> and then look which version of Subsurface wrote that commit - it's in the
> commit message for that very reason.

Subsurface-mobile 2.2.3 (4.9.3.693)  was from git log. The problem is, I don’t
know what I did that caused a write at all. I agree that this version will
contain the bug (if it wasn’t me doing something stupid), but I will look into
this to see if I can trigger it. I noticed this only as I looked into the
repository for something unrelated.

> Then, ideally, revert that commit in a local copy of that cloud repo and
> start that same version of Subsurface locally and see if it does it again.
> And then all we need to do is bisect and figure out when this was introduced.
>
> If you want me to do that I can. Please give me permission to access your
> cloud storage data.

Feel free to if you want to. I reset those commits and force pushed that so it
could well be that there is no trace of this. But I preserved it in a branch
named „neu“ which I pushed to the cloud.

Regarding blowing away the build directory: I agree that this often helps,
unfortunately not in this case. I even tried to blow away the whole ./src and
start from scratch with a new clone but that reproduced the problem.

But as I said: Luckily, I can still get a working build, it’s just that every
compile cycle takes an additional minute that gets annoying when doing it
several times in a row.

Best
Robert