> On Jan 4, 2020, at 11:00 AM, Robert Helling <hell...@atdotde.de> wrote:
>
> Subsurface-mobile 2.2.3 (4.9.3.693)  was from git log. The problem is, I
> don’t know what I did that caused a write at all. I agree that this version
> will contain the bug (if it wasn’t me doing something stupid), but I will
> look into this to see if I can trigger it. I noticed this only as I looked
> into the repository for something unrelated.

Thanks for clarifying that.

>> Then, ideally, revert that commit in a local copy of that cloud repo and
>> start that same version of Subsurface locally and see if it does it again.
>> And then all we need to do is bisect and figure out when this was introduced.
>>
>> If you want me to do that I can. Please give me permission to access your
>> cloud storage data.
>
> Feel free to if you want to. I reset those commits and force pushed that so
> it could well be that there is no trace of this. But I preserved it in a
> branch named „neu“ which I pushed to the cloud.

Ok, I'll try to see if I can make sense of it.

> Regarding blowing away the build directory: I agree that this often helps,
> unfortunately not in this case. I even tried to blow away the whole ./src and
> start from scratch with a new clone but that reproduced the problem.
>
> But as I said: Luckily, I can still get a working build, it’s just that every
> compile cycle takes an additional minute that gets annoying when doing it
> several times in a row.

So for me this is an interesting dance. As long as I set the
QT_QPA_PLATFORM_PLUGIN_PATH to the right directory, I can usually get away
without running make install after every build - I only need it after the first
build. So in my case that's

QT_QPA_PLATFORM_PLUGIN_PATH=/Users/hohndel/Qt5.14.0/5.14.0/clang_64/plugins

Can you try if that works for you?

/D