> On Jun 13, 2022, at 2:26 AM, Jef wrote:
>
> On 13/06/2022 05:04, Dirk Hohndel via subsurface wrote:
>> A couple of dive computers will import all gases that are configured, even
>> if you never switched to them. And if you have a default cylinder configured
>> in Subsurface, then this turns into these ghost cylinders.
>
> One reason libdivecomputer usually returns all configured gas mixes is
> because (as Steve mentioned) some users want to see those unused mixes. But
> it not always consistent, and depends on the backend implementation (*).
> Maybe it would a good idea to include an enabled/disabled flag to give a bit
> more information to the application?
>
> Whether a gas mix is used or unused is something the application can already
> detect by looking at the gas switches in the samples. But the
> enabled/disabled state (if present) is not something that is exposed now.
>
> (*) For example the iconhd backend discards disabled gas mixes, but the ostc
> and ostc3 backends does report them.

Yeah, I noticed that this wasn't consistent, but didn't feel like this was
really worth worrying about...
Obviously Subsurface has a concept of unused cylinders and hides those in the
UI by default. And that's part of the issue here. We don't take that status
into consideration when filtering dives...

/D