Hi Peter (and others),

On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 10:19:11AM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 9:41 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <d...@jones.dk> wrote:
Hi Sugar developers,

I am wondering: Who maintains Hulahop?

The code currently works in Debian only because I leave alone a hardcoded rpath, which I am told is bad.

As I understand it, Ubuntu has a hard time getting the code to work properly, possibly due to same issue.

I would like to discuss that issue with those of you involved in the coding of Hulahop, and fellow Debian developer Mike Hommey, who maintains xulrunner and seems an expert in this area, have offered to help clean up the code.

There doesn't seem to be an rpath issue with the build in Fedora. You can try the details that Fedora specifies for fixing rapth issues, it will work for any build system as its generic for autoconf based buils. The section for 'removing rpath' is probably what your after.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Beware_of_Rpath

Thanks for the suggestion.  tried that already, however (using chrpath),
but the library then fails completely.

As I understand it, this is tied to how xulrunner is compiled, so if it "just works" on Fedora, I suspect this to be becuase the library paths of xulrunner is already included in some lookup path somewhere. I really do not know the details here, which is why I involved Mike Hommey who packages xulrunner for Debian and have offered to help improve the Hulahop code to (as I understand it) a more generic style usable not only on systems happening to be modelled the same as Fedora.

Kind regards,

 - Jonas