On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 06:19:09PM -0400, Bernie Innocenti wrote:

But if I remove this, wouldn't jhbuild try to build xulrunner from source?
No, since the only package depending on xulrunner (hulahop) is installed from a distro package.

Or am I still misunderstanding how jhbuild thinks?
Yep. :)

[Hulahop]
Fedora has 0.7.1. Lucid does not seem to have it at all. Was the package
dropped or what?
Oh, you're right. I got confused by the many different Ubuntu releases; hulahop is only included up to Karmic. They have dropped hulahop from Lucid because it requires xulrunner and python-xpcom. That reminds me I should request Sugar to be removed from Lucid. With almost no activities packages and no Browse to download them from activities.sugarlabs.org, it's pretty much useless to ordinary users.

As we keep dogtail, we also need to keep python-pyatspi.
Isn't there a way to prevent jhbuild from requesting this dependency
unconditionally?
Unfortunately there isn't. The "use distro packages" part is a custom Sugar Labs hack; making it conditional on what packages are going to be built would be quite some effort to implement. I'm not even sure I'd merge a patch that does this as we'd divert further from upstream JHBuild.

PS: Please don't CC me, I'm subscribed to this list and set Mail-Followup-To accordingly.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/