On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 3:51 PM, Gary Martin <garycmar...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Walter,
>
> On 6 Aug 2010, at 19:27, Walter Bender wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Walter Bender <walter.ben...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Sorrry about that. I've had trouble getting git sendmail to work on my
>>> machine...
>>>
>>> I'll also attach the patch to the ticket for this enhancement, which I
>>> don't think has been created yet.
>>
>> Tracking this enhancement here:
>>
>> http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/attachment/ticket/2143/
>
> Thanks, the patch from this ticket applied just fine. Few of quick
> observations/questions:
>
> - We should think how Sugar handles downloaded patches a little better ;-)
> Downloads to Journal fine, but then it will only want to open in Etoys so no
> easy way to get the patch out of Journal to apply. In the end I copy and
> pasted from the raw text version of the patch with Browse on the ticket, then
> went to Terminal and created a new patch file with vi and pasted, saved,
> patched. Hmmm, I wonder if all we would need to close this dog food gap is a
> simple Patch activity that can resume and apply .patch files from the Journal.
>
> - Downloaded a load more activities to try and trigger the spiral, and
> notices another three svg icons that don't render correctly in the latest F13
> builds. Scratch, Paint, and Kandid. I'll fix them up and email the activity
> authors.

I had sent a new icon to the Scratch team a while ago... there may be
a ticket associated with it as well.

> - I should go look through the code... But does the circle/spiral correctly
> adapt to screen resolutions? Are you testing in an 800x600 window? In my
> default 1024x768 looks like it could be a little more generous with the
> spacing/size as there's plenty of white space (will try 1200x900 later).
> Maybe this is another case where the SUGAR_SCALING value of 72 or 100 is
> limiting layout flexibility for different resolution screens.

Hmm. I did most of my testing at 832x624 to approximate the XO in the
Sugar emulator. I didn't do anything to change the circle spacing --
at least not intentionally -- and I use the same Sugar constant for
the spiral spacing:

distance = style.STANDARD_ICON_SIZE + style.DEFAULT_SPACING

We could play with it some more.

-walter

> --Gary
>
>> A feature page to come shortly.