On 05/10/2010, at 10:16 AM, Tim McNamara wrote:
> My strong preference is for Activities to rapidly increase their integer
> numbers, rather than creating a complex tree of point releases. My feeling is
> that a tree of three or more levels deep adds complexity to new Learners. It
> goes against the 'low floor, no ceiling' philosophy by requiring that
> Learners learn a new counting system, on top of integer increments.

Yes.  Better than the current situation though.

Ideally, instead of presenting a version number to a learner, a graph
describing the history of the activity source and dependencies could be
displayed.

Alternatively, separate the Learner visible numbering from the software release
numbering, and leave the visible numbering within the scope of a deployment.
Then one deployment's Browse-190 may be different to another deployment's
Browse-190.

--
James Cameron
System Test Coordinator