Hi,
I think I encountered a bug in Sugar. Looks like it might be related to this
one:
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10153

The behavior was not connected to a single activity as I encountered it in
Record, TamTamJam and Etoys. It was not intentionally reproducible but it
happened quite often. Most of the time none of the instances got started
properly. Record for example looked quite ok, but did not display a camera
image.  One of the icons in the frame kept pulsing and the instances could not
be stopped. The XO had to be restarted. This happened on at least three
different XO-1s all running Build 852, Sugar 0.84.16.
I was able to take screenshots of the context menus of the doubled instances
frame icons. They look quite interesting, you can find them here:

http://www.flatlandfarm.de/blog/?p=36

I hope it helps,
Cheers,
Tom