On 06/20/2011 02:21 PM, Esteban Bordón wrote:
011/6/18 Sascha Silbe<sascha-ml-reply-to-201...@silbe.org>

Nice idea. As for the patch, I wonder why you use different code than
what's in extensions/cpsection/aboutcomputer/model.py. I'm not sure
whether importing or copying is the better option here, but different
code altogether definitely isn't. We need to show the same value in both
the Intro and the About my Computer CP section.

I have been thinking about it some more - I am not a big fan of putting build information into the naming screen. This takes focus from it's purpose, people might not know what it means etc.

For people flashing the machines I think they can use 'Ctrl+Alt+F2' to get to that information.

For the other scenarios I still think the approach described in [1] is a helpful addition. Dextrose has done this already, can somebody point to the patches for that?

Regards,
   Simon

[1] http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10860