On 07/26/2011 11:57 PM, Frederick Grose wrote:
On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 1:15 PM, Simon Schampijer<si...@schampijer.de>wrote:

On 06/12/2011 05:22 PM, Gary Martin wrote:

Hi Manuel,

On 12 Jun 2011, at 14:39, manuel quiñones wrote:

  Hi,

2011/6/7 Gary Martin<garycmartin@googlemail.**com<garycmar...@googlemail.com>
:

Manuel, you mentioned in the design meeting you had some ideas for a
clipboard icon, did you make any progress or have some suggestions?

Sorry I completly missed this thread, I'm attaching the idea I had in
mind for the clipboard, but I think the reusage of the scissors can be
a good choice.  I would prevent a real clipboard icon.

Thanks. OK so that's -2 votes for a clipboard icon (you and Walter), and
+2 votes for scissors (you and Simon). Your new clipboard visual is close to
something I was also playing with after Walter's comment that he though the
icon should indicate/represent the left Frame edge in some way. I'm not sure
though that this approach leads to a clear visual for the user to understand
(we don't visually indicate places/sides of the Frame in any other cases).
Let's see if we get any more feedback from others, but Simon might want to
go ahead land a version with the scissors visual if he's ready.

  And I tried another design for the duplicate icon, the two objects side
by side.

Yes I like it. More I think than the version I did as it is more visually
distinct, especially as the Copy_to and Duplicate icons will sit right next
to each other. I've removed the inkscape XML, tidied the code a little and
added in the fill/stroke entities for user colour, happy to go with this if
there are no other objections:

I went ahead with the design proposal (use of the scissor icon for the
clipboard icon and an extra option for the duplicate option) and rebased my
code. However I run into a few issues I want to explain with the screenshots
attached.

device.png (the option displayed for a a file on a external device): Do we
display the duplicate option there as well (duplicate a file on an external
device)? How is it colored if - black and white because it is not 'owned'?
We miss here the Journal as an option for the file to be copied to, that can
be added.

Journal.png: How does the coloring of the clipboard icon looks like? As it
is only made for one color, coloring it looks strange. Use Manu's icon
instead? Make it black and white? Change the icon to support double color?

Regards,
   Simon

Perhaps these comments from
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2011-June/031817.html
were missed:

Thanks Fred for your comments. Yes, I have seen the comments. From the clarity I prefer the scissor icon that is why I went ahead with it. But I like Manu's icon as well, let's just decide which one we pick. Maybe Gary can say a final word.

Regards,
   Simon