On 09/06/2011 12:48 PM, Simon Schampijer wrote:
On 09/05/2011 08:44 PM, Manuel Quiñones wrote:
The Add Tab button has been relocated next to the tab labels, allowing
more space for the URL entry.

Tabs are always shown. There is at least one tab. In that case, it
cannot be closed. We prevent the closing by hidding the 'X' button.
Also, the close image was sugarized.

There is now a fixed width for tabs. The label text does ellipsize.
The width depends on the amount of tabs. There is a maximun size that
is used when there is extra space. There is a minimun size to prevent
hiding the information.

When a new tab is opened, it now shows an empty page, not the default
page. In the future, we will add a hint in this empty page, similar
to what we have for an empty Journal.

Added the option to "follow link in new tab" in the link's palette.
Added an icon for this item, and also the icon for "follow link" is
also updated.

Wow, this is great stuff!

As always, some small comments :)

- when you open a new tab FF is setting the label to 'Untitled' (see
patch untitled.patch)

- when we have a new tab open, enter a url and then load it we see a
'about:blank' shortly, we can show 'Loading...' like FF there (see
looks like it is the same as FF))

- 3 tabs open: when using the 'follow link in new tab' option in
tab_index=1 the new tab is appended to the list of open tabs - will be
tab_index=3, in FF it will be the tab right next to tab_index=1
(tab_index=2) (maybe just try to open a link in a new tab from any tab
in FF not the one a the right to see :)

- when you select a tab, one gets the white ellipse. if you compare with
the the old toolbar (you can see in Memorize) which is a notebook as
well you do not get the ellipse when selecting with a single click,
however you do get it when you double click once: I did try and looked
through the properties (border, can-focus...) but no property does seem
to fix it, what is funny if you change the BrowserNotebook to derive
from a gtk.Notebook istead of the sugar.graphics.notebook.Notebook we
get the same behavior as with the old-style toolbars, hmmmm

Hmm, at least until you open a new tab :/

@Benjamin: do you have an idea why this is the case?

Regards,
   Simon