Hi,

One note of caution. Currently when a Sugar activity resumes from a Journal object, the activity operates on that object. Therefore, the source version is destroyed. I think this is not a feature - the activity should clone the object and give the user the opportunity to rename to save a new version. I don't understand the need for git, the Journal is intended to give the reflective look back within the Sugar interface guidelines.

Currently, the Journal backup is rsync on the datastore. Any design with git would need to make sure the git versions are also backed up and restored.

Tony

The objective of have a git backend is have a versioned