On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Dag Wieers<d...@wieers.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jul 2009, Dave Cross wrote:

>>>  I just packaged them, however perl-TheSchwartz requires
>>>  perl-Data-ObjectDriver, which requires perl-DBD-Oracle, which requires
>>>  something we cannot deliver right now.
>>
>> Data::ObjectDriver doesn't require DBD::Oracle. That's just one of the
>> optional back-ends for it. It shouldn't be a mandatory requirement.
>
> Right, but it is pulled in with the auto requirements :-/
>
> Time to implement that filter-macro and maybe commit it upstream so it
> becomes a standard ?

A possible other solution: we could add a subpackage which contains
the following files:

/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Data/ObjectDriver/Driver/DBD/Oracle.pm
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Data/ObjectDriver/SQL/Oracle.pm
/usr/share/man/man3/Data::ObjectDriver::SQL::Oracle.3pm.gz

Only the subpackage will require oracle libraries in this case. Let me
know what you think, i can add the subpackage if needed.

Dries