On 25/07/09 02:15, Max Kanat-Alexander wrote:
Dag Wieers wrote:
I just packaged them, however perl-TheSchwartz requires
perl-Data-ObjectDriver, which requires perl-DBD-Oracle, which requires
something we cannot deliver right now.

However this works out, Data::ObjectDriver *must* not require
DBD::Oracle, or this is going to create a tremendous support load on us
at the Bugzilla Project. (Because every Bugzilla administrator will
attempt to install it, and 99.9% of them will not be able to install
DBD::Oracle.) It would be better for the module to not be provided by
rpmforge at all than for it to require DBD::Oracle.

It would be ideal if it did not require any DBD:: driver.

I agree completely. Any system that makes the DBD:: modules mandatory requirements from Data::ObjectDriver is fundamentally flawed.

Where are these requirements coming from? They aren't in the Makefile.PL, Build.PL or META.yml.

Dave...