From: Yury V. Zaytsev [mailto:y...@shurup.com]
Sent: January 31, 2010 1:05 PM
To: kme...@doe.carleton.ca
Cc: suggest@lists.rpmforge.net
Subject: Re: [suggest] meep-mpi, h5utils

On Sat, 2010-01-30 at 00:29 -0500, kme...@doe.carleton.ca wrote:

> What is the turn around for a request such as this and what can I do
> to help speed up the progress in order to get "yum install meep-mpi
> h5utils" to work?

Someone has to package all this stuff.

* harminv and libctl are available in Fedora
* h5utils and meep are packaged for SuSE

The first two should be trivial to port unless they require something
else that is not in CentOS / RPMForge. The latter two are trickier,
because SuSE packaging guidelines are quite different from EL.

I might have time to review/commit the SPECs if someone comes up with
something, but otherwise I personally have no spare time / interest in
packaging and maintaining these utilities.

Maybe someone else have time to have fun with this.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev