On Tue, 2 Nov 2010, Christoph Maser wrote:

Am Freitag, den 29.10.2010, 14:00 +0200 schrieb Yury V. Zaytsev:
On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 13:46 +0200, Christoph Maser wrote:

I wonder if we can have a new version of ExtUtils::MakeMaker in the
buildtools repo?

If it backwards compatible why not? Just tag it as such...

But wich one will be used?. ExtUtils::MakeMaker in in the perl base
package, so I guess a newe Version in the vendorlib dir will just not
do.

If this is the typical: we need the package only as a BuildRequirement, but never as a real requirement. Then the package belongs in the buildtools repository (together with the newer bison and flex).

--
-- dag wieers, d...@wieers.com, http://dag.wieers.com/
-- dagit linux solutions, i...@dagit.net, http://dagit.net/