When not given any other information, DUAROUTER picks the fastest route
under the assumption that the network is empty.
To get better routes you need to perform user assignment.
A quick fix you can try is to load the trips generated by od2trips direclty
into SUMO. This way, vehicles will react to traffic conditions at the time
of insertion and the routes will be more realistic.
A more elaborate way is explained here:
http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Demand/Dynamic_User_Assignment

regards,
Jakob