Alberto,

Yes it is, is the short answer.  In fact you will need two shaped gnomons -
one for the spring and one for the autumn.  For each gnomon to stay in one
piece, it has to have some notional diameter to which the EoT is added or
subtracted.  In the morning one side of the gnomon will cast the shadow,
whilst in the afternoon it will be the other side.  This means that at noon
there are two parallel lines, separated by the notional diameter of the
gnomon.  This allows for the change of which edge of the shadow you read.
I don't know if I've explained this as clearly as I should, but if you need
more information, drop me an email.

My father makes an equatorial dial with just such gnomons and I have
attached a photo of one - I hope it's not too big a file (apologies if it
is).

Regards,

David Robert Higgon
London

Attachment converted: MAC Hard Disk:CONNOISB.JPG (JPEG/JVWR) (00009762)