(The algorithm is described pages 78-86.)

Data: Phi = 15.7513
         Wall: E 20 N

The angles I found are:

SD (sub-style distance)       = -50.4886 (tan SD = sin D * cot Phi)
SH (style height)                 = 64,7434 (sin SH = cos D + cos Phi)
DL (difference in longitude) = -53,2830 (cot DL = cot D * sin Phi)
AV (6o'clock angle )          = 84.4898 (cot AV = sin D * tan Phi)

Converting DL into time units I have 3,5522 = 3 h 33 m 8 s

Hour angles from sub-style position are as follows:

1        113.76
2        97.42
3        80.85
4        64.55
5        48.88
6        34.00
7        19.80
8        6.07
Sub-style
9        7.50
10        21.26
11        35.52
12        50.48
13        66.23
14        82.58
15        99.14
16      115.44
17      131.11
18      145.99
19      160.19
20      173.92
21      187.50
22       201,26
23      215.52
24     230.00

I've calculated the hour for a full 24-hour dial just as a way to double

check my calculation. Also, I've done all the number checking that
the author recomends. They all indicate the results are good.

Nevertheless, when I built the model and put it in place... it does not
work.

Can somehelp me before I lose my hair?

Something must be wrong. But what? What?

- fernando

PS -- Both Abert Waugh and René R. J. Rohr say that in a vertical dial
the 12 o'clock line is always vertical. Nevertheless, I've noticed this
is not the case for a vertical direct west (or east) dial. Have I found
a hint here?

--
Fernando Cabral                         Padrao iX Sistemas Abertos
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]              http://www.pix.com.br