I, too enjoy the Electric Astrolabe, and am happy to report that it even
runs ok on my Toshiba laptop running NT4 sr3 . (DISCLAIMER:  your NT results
may vary :-)).

However, as the denizens of this list appear to this lurker to be the
hands-on types, I'd like to point out that Jim also makes and sells a very
nice _real_ astrolabe.  It's made of laminated paper (card stock?), is flat
so it travels well, and is quite inexpensive compared to a brass astrolabe.
I've been able to get time of day from the sun within a couple of minutes,
and from a star to maybe 5-10 minutes.  Those with good eyesight and steady
hands may do better.

Using a real astrolabe has been a lot of fun.  If you're interested, too,
you can find info on Jim's web site.

(If you want to REALLY push the learning curve, try making your own
astrolabe ;-)

Mike Blackwell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]