Apologies for a totally off-list query but things are fairly quiet at the
moment - and one or two list members enjoyed my last poser!

More than ten years ago my late wife and I entered a proverbs
competition. You know the sort of thing, a set of initial letters and you
have to identify the proverb/saying.

e.g. M.H.M.L.W. = "Many hands make light work."

     H.I.T.B.P. = "Honesty is the best policy"

Every year or so, usually when completing my neglected tax forms, I keep
finding the unsubmitted entry form with just one item remaining blank and
it's VERY ANNOYING!!!

"I.I.T.S.F.O.F."

I've searched every proverb list I can find but it still evades me,

Can anyone put me out of my misery?

Definitely NO PRIZES for the first answer - just heartfelt gratitude!

Tony Moss.