Dear Roger

As you say, it is unfortunate that I should air this "dirty laundry"
in public. I do feel, however, that this is a close-knit group of kindred
spirits more than a general public. Plus, I am feeling somewhat desperate
having spent many hours and some of my own money ineffectually, it seems.
Mr. Morrison has handled this situation terribly and has left Laurel
Browning feeling badly burned. She told me that she feels he does not
take her seriously.

I am happy to say that I own a Schmoyer sundial which I am still working
with. I was able to get one of Mr. Schmoyer's last available casting sets
before illness overtook him. It is an awesome piece. I am an amateur
foundryman and I am sure that I could reproduce every part of the sundial
using the parts I have as patterns... that is every part EXCEPT the gnomon.
Even at that, producing sand castings one at a time would not come close
to making them available to the many people who I know would love to have
them. This requires patterns which fit into a modern automated foundry. I
thank you for your suggestion and for your offer but what is needed is
someone who can help, with Harris Morrison's cooperation, to get this
pattern back into Laurel's hands.

Dave Gagnon