Mike,

I have witnessed similar problems on other lists over the last several years.
They are not new phenomena.  The lists that I subscribe to are civilized; the
occasional outbursts are usually due to the personalities of a few
subscribers.

Sundial subscribers are varied: most kind and helpful, often generous and
conciliatory, some overbearing or argumentative, and so on.  I suspect that
the
general climate on the Internet is reflected somewhat in the posts to
Sundials,
and this includes the amount of flaming and spam.

Let us all do what we can to make Sundials a list that is helpful and that we
enjoy being on.  A nonflaming email off list to someone who violates ones
standards of conduct sometimes helps.

Gordon

At 12:01 PM 4/18/99 , Michael Koblic wrote:
>The recent postings seem to be a part of a frightening pattern. Whether
>provoked by an impostor or not does not matter.

Gordon Uber [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reynen & Uber Web Design http://www.ubr.com/rey&ubr/
Webmaster: Clocks and Time http://www.ubr.com/clocks/