Hello all,

   I never cease to be impressed with the international character and
intellectual content of this list.  I am really glad that I stumbled upon
it (through visiting Fer deVries sundial page one day).  I look forward
each day to seeing what you guys are talking about, and contribute when I
can.
   I am a professional product designer, concentrating on things visual and
aesthetic most of the time, but I am also a perpetual student as well.
Design is a game of analogies, and the more you know and are exposed to,
the better the end result will be.  While some of my professional
associates are intimidated by technology, I embrace it and the level of
understanding it can deliver.  I doubt that I would be exposed to the
mathematical/scientific discourse on this list any other way.
   I am also glad that this list rises above the troubled political times
we live in, and with the exception of the "Professor Ruby" business,
everyone here seems to be able to get along just fine.  I enjoy the virtual
company of each and every one of the contributors of this list, and I am
thankful for the opportunity to be a member.  Peace to you all.  Jim
Tallman, FX Studios.