This is a follow-up to a four-and-a-half month old thread.
Regrettably (I think that's the words diplomats prefer in these
situations), it appears that my suspicions may have been correct.

)                          [The Washington Times]
)           Published in Washington, D.C.     5am -- May 5, 1999
)                             www.washtimes.com

)       U.S. OKs payout for Sudan bombing 'mistake'
)       ------------------------------------------------
)       By Jerry Seper
)       THE WASHINGTON TIMES
)       ------------------------------------------------
)       [T] he Clinton administration will not
)           challenge a lawsuit filed by a Saudi
)       businessman who said the bombing last year of
)       his pharmaceutical plant in Sudan was a
)       "mistake" based on faulty intelligence data.
)            The administration also agreed to release
)       $24 million in assets that the businessman,
)       Saleh Idris, had deposited in U.S. banks.
)            The Aug. 20, 1998, cruise missile attack,
)       which the White House claimed was in
)       retaliation for terrorist attacks on two U.S.
)       embassies in Africa, came three days after
)       President Clinton's appearance before a federal
)       grand jury investigating his relationship with
)       Monica Lewinsky.
)            Hours after his grand jury testimony, Mr.
)       Clinton made a dramatic address to the nation
)       admitting an "inappropriate relationship" with
)       the former White House intern.
)            The White House insisted at the time it
)       bombed the plant, located near Khartoum, Sudan,
)       because it was tied to international terrorist
)       Osama bin Laden and was producing precursors to
)       VX nerve gas. Sudan countered that the plant
)       manufactured only pharmaceuticals and offered
)       inspection tours for U.S. officials and
)       reporters.
)            Facing a deadline to respond to the suit,
)       filed Feb. 26, the Justice Department told Mr.
)       Idris' attorneys on Monday that the
)       administration had ordered that the freeze
)       placed on his U.S. bank accounts be lifted
)       immediately.

The article continues, but I will stop here...

Jim