Ron Anthony wrote:

>My gnomons are often made from 1/32" of aluminum.  For reinforcement I
>attach smaller triangles on either side of the gnomon. I too have used two
>90 degree angle pieces to mount gnomons, but have never been satisfied with
>the look.  I have been looking for brass or alumimum that is shape as a
>quarter round. (You know, like wood moulding).  I think that would provide a
>stronger and better looking attachment.
>
>Anyone know where I could get quarter round in various sizes, say 1/4"  to
>1/2"?
>
>I have found a source for half ovals.  I haven't tried it yet but I was
>thinking I could cut a slot in the half oval to mount the gnomon.  Of
>course, a square or rectangle bar could also be used, but in my mind's eye I
>prefer the curved shapes.

Hi Ron:

I have never seen quarter round pieces of any metal anywhere, but I think
you could very easily make your own quarter round by sanding down one long
edge of a square rod.  The small Dremmel or Delta belt sander mentioned
earlier would work fine.  Square rods of all sizes and metals are readily
available.

John Carmichael