Hello Dialists:

I am currently writing the 4th edition of my Sundial Owner's Manual and want
to make sure that the information I,m giving my customers is correct.

I have a section which tells how to tell time by using moonlight and a
sundial.  I provide a table of corrections from which the time can be
estimated if one knows the age (the phase) of the moon.

One question though:  Is it nessary to correct moontime with the Equation of
Time ?
Since the Equation of time is due to the eccentricty of the earth's orbit
around the sun and the tilt of the earth's axis, it seems to me that  this
has nothing to do with the moon and should not be considered in the
corrections.  Am I right?

Thanks for your help,

John Carmichael