Mac Oglesby wrote:

>  Imagine that - a "dangerous" sundial!

Before trading with the US my insurers insisted that at least £1m worth of
public liability insurance was essential.

"A metal spike pointing upwards in a public place with no shielding or guard
rails"
"Are you quite mad sir?"

and as for my helpful leaflet on how to erect a pedestal for a sundial

"You're advising clients to dig a hole and use tools!! - absolutely not!!"

"We suggest that you say that all installation work is done by qualified
tradesmen working to local safety standards and codes etc. etc."

A safe sundial? -imagine that!

Tony Moss.