Patrick Powers reports:

------------------------
>A tad too expensive for me though....   Patrick

I suspect more than a tad too expensive for most of us.
Besides, where's the fun in buying ready made, when
one can build it for oneself?

A couple of  thoughts:

Scientific Supply catalogs carry 'boiling flasks' of various
sizes, e.g. 250 to 500 ml nominal capacities, which might be
suitable.  They have fairly narrow, longish necks that
could be accomodated in their polar mounting.

Globular Christmas tree ornaments are another, cheaper,
possibility, and there are now plastic ones that might be
less susceptible to accidental breakage.  There are some
clear ones, otherwize they would require dissolving out the
internal metallizing or coloring.

As for potential freezing problems, one might fill with 'white'
mineral oil.  (From drug stores or in British Isles, 'chemists.')

If water is used, it might pay to pre-boil it to outgas it, and too,
perhaps add some alum to inhibit growth of micro-organisms.
Some of the heavier alcohols if added to the water could also
retard growth of micro-flora, and as well act as antifreeze.

Bill Maddux