Greetings Fellow Dialists,

I have discovered the millennium bug.  I know its whereabouts.  The
reason it has escaped detection and why people say they have not
encountered it is because they are not looking in the right place. Far
from it. You have met it.  But it is not in your computer.  In fact it
is not electronic at all.  Caution, do not download the subject title of
this message. The bug is there.

I can reveal that it is the second "n" in "millennium".  It has struck
in very many places, sometimes with disastrous results.  A calligrapher
I know had a magnificent illuminated parchment returned to be redone as
she had missed out that "n".  Tony Moss tells me of a pedestal for a
sundial of his into which the stonemason-letter cutter has recently
engraved that word with a deficient "n". Examples are endless. Now you
know, you can surely supply your own stories.  We advise as an anti-
virus programme the use of either the Shorter Oxford Dictionary or
Webster (preferably morocco bound).

This is the year MM. Please, please, protect your texts. Remember it is
also the year of "nn". Failure to take action can produce hours of grief
and toil. You have been warned.

Frank 55N 1W

--
Frank Evans