A HPGL file is gets often .plt extension, that is all. Sometimes .hgl is
also used as extension. So: PLT is not a file format.
My MS Word can read a .plt file (thanks to a nice filter) and the result is
a nice vectored picture in a document that can be scaled to any size
without losing resolution (because it is vectorized!)

W At 16:07 4-4-00 -0700, you wrote:
-----Original Message/Oorspronkelijk bericht--------------

>John,
>
>I would suggest saving the DeltaCad file in a standard CAD format (such as
>DXF or an AutoCAD format) and then running it through another CAD program
>which can output the HPGL2 or PLT file. HPGL (Hewlett Packard Graphics
>Language) is for HP printers/plotters; I do not know what PLT is: perhaps a
>Macintosh format?
>
>Conversion programs such as HiJaak can perhaps do the conversion also, but
>are a bit expensive.
>
>It would be appreciated if you let us know what solution you find.
>
>Best wishes,
>
>Gordon
>
>At 08:04 AM 4/3/00 -0700, John Carmichael wrote:
>>Hi Ron (or anybody else who might know):
>>
>>I did some checking with a local print shop to see if they would be able to
>>print large blueline copys of sundials drawn on DeltaCad.  They can, I was
>>told, if these files are in HPGL-2 or PLT form.
>>
>>I went to "save as" and these files are not listed as options.  Do you know
>>how to convert DeltaCad files into HPGH-2 or PLT files???
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>John Carmichael
>
>Gordon Uber   [EMAIL PROTECTED]  San Diego, California  USA
>Webmaster: Clocks and Time: http://www.ubr.com/clocks

Thibaud Taudin-Chabot
52°18'19.85" North  04°51'09.45" East
home email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(attachments max. 500kB; for larger attachments contact me first)