At 19:36 1-3-00 +0100, you wrote:
-----Original Message/Oorspronkelijk bericht--------------
>How can a diallist use a GPS receiver to mesure the declination of a
>wall ?

if it is a very long straight wall you can walk along the wall and find out
the course of this movement. Then deduct or add 90° (depends on the
direction you walked. A civil GPS is not accurate enough I think for a
short wall. A DGPS however should do the trick also for a short wall.

>.... but can this machine have an utility on sundialling ?

You get at least a pretty good position on your screen for the sundial

Thibaud Taudin-Chabot
52°18'19.85" North  04°51'09.45" East
home email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(attachments max. 500kB; for larger attachments contact me first)