I just noticed that Amazon is listing what appears to be a new edition of
the Mayalls' classic book on sundials, from Dover Publications.

The first edition (hardback) was published in 1938, by Hale, Cushman and
Flint. Sky Publishing did a very nice hardback second edition in 1973, but
followed that by a notoriously poor paperback edition in 1989 called the
"second edition, second printing." I'll be interested to see the quality of
the Dover edition. I have several of their other books, and they seem to
specialize in doing reasonable quality, inexpensive reprints on somewhat
obscure topics.

Tom

Sundials : Their Construction and Use [UNABRIDGED]
by R. Newton Mayall, Margaret W. Mayall
Amazon Price: $9.95

Paperback unabrid edition (May 2000)
Dover Pubns; ISBN: 048641146X
This item will be published in May 2000. You may order it now and we will
ship it to you when it arrives.