Hello All,
Does anyone have to hand the approximate distance over which a pinhole
gnomon is useful, please? I'm sure it is probably out there along with all
the shadow sharpener discussion - which I must re-read; but a quick
refresher from those of you who have experimented with this design would be
most useful in the meantime, (or any other time that pleases you).
Also one must consider whether the thickness of the material that the
pinhole is contained in will obstruct the rays of light intended to pass
through it(especially when the sun is at a small angle from the wall),
requiring material to be removed from both faces around the hole.

Best wishes
Sarah Edmondson-Jones