-----Original Message/Oorspronkelijk bericht--------------
> ... A photo of a dial similar to the one made for Patrick Moore can
> be seen on the internet at
>      http://www.lindisun.demon.co.uk/smallest.htm

I have a question for Tony Moss about the dial pictured.  Unless there
is another scale on the back we can't see or the dial plate can be
turned over, this dial can only be used in summer.  That's OK, but
then why do you include the Equation of Time for the whole year?

--Art Carlson

You have to turn over the scale only for use in the southern hemisphere. In order to read the other side: put the dial on a mirror. Toni: I see the gnomon being refelcted on the surface. My experience is in that case that it is rather difficult to read the shadow instead of the refelxion. I suggest to mat the surface slightly to increase the readability.
Thibaud

Thibaud Taudin-Chabot
52°18'19.85" North  04°51'09.45" East
home email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(attachments max. 500kB; for larger attachments contact me first)