Fellow shadow watchers,
                       Can any Mac guru make direct off list contact over
a possible solution to the following frustrating problem.  The query is
dialling-related in a sense because until it is solved we cannot exchange
Illustrator files on a current project.

Following misguided use of an older copy of Norton Utilities a dialling
friend's G4 Mac won't respond to its main hard disc icon although
individual files can be accessed as aliases.  Having tried all of the
usual correctives and a new copy of Norton the problem persists.

Apologies for straining topic-relatedness but we've run out of ideas and
time is pressing.

Best Wishes

Tony Moss