Hello Robert,

Calculating the angles for the hourlines isn't complicated if the dial is
translated to an equivalent horizontal sundial.
Start to calculate 3 angles:

sin v = sin phi . cos i - cos d . cos phi . sin i
v is the style height and also the equivalent latitude where the dial is
horizontal

sin b = cos phi . sin d / cos v
b is the angle of the substyle, relative to the line of greatest slope.

With v and b it is known where the polestyle will be.

tan ts = sin i . sin d / ( cos phi . cos i + sin phi . sin i . cos d )
ts is the hourangle at what time the shadow of the style falls on the
substyle.
Use ts as a longitude correction to calculate the horizontal dial at
latitude v.

Use the usual formula for an horizontal dial
tan z = tan t . sin v in which t is corrected for longitude ts.
z is the angle of the wanted hourline relative to the ( known ) substyle.

Correct values for b , ts and z to the right quadranr if necessary.

I think this is the easiest way to do the job.

Best wishes and happy dialing, Fer

Fer J. de Vries
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.iae.nl/users/ferdv/