-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Dave Bell
Sent: January 11, 2002 12:18 PM
To: Sundial Mail List
Subject: Re: Seasonal Sunrise Marker

This is a marvelous "new" use for an analemmatic dial, for sure! I truly
wish I had a nice, large, flat piece of land on which to build one.

Looking at your instructions (partially clipped, above), I assume they are
for the case where one only wants the markers. If the analemmatic dial
already exists, simply consulting an almanac for the rise and set times on
the desired dates - or presumably, on ANY one date - should let you pull a
string from the date point to the time point, and mark where it crosses
the East-West axis. Yes?

Dave
37.29N 121.97W