Message text written by INTERNET:sundial@rrz.uni-koeln.de

>To my amazement, the PDF file was 20% of the size of the JPEG! The JPEG
was
240 KBs. and the PDF was only 46 KBs.  This allows me to quickly email more
pictures on my crummy 56K modem.<

Although I haven't done the proper tests I suspect that the relative size
of the PDF file when sending images rather depends on the size of the image
which is converted.  My experience has been that the PDF is greater.  In a
test done here now straight conversion of aJPEG of 29kB to a PDF (via
Acrobat) yielded a file of 43kB.  Some document packages reduce the images
in size or resolution when images are stored in them and in such cases you
might see a reduction in overall file size upon conversion.  However that
doesn't mean that you have the sme quality of image in the converted
result...  Hmmm, need to be careful...

Patrick