John,

if you have Quattro Pro, then it's not Microsoft but Corel (or for
former
versions Borland).
The Roger-Helmut spreadsheet is in Microsoft Excel format. It does open
in QP8,
although the graphics are not correctly handled. On the other hand,
Excel can
save the folder in different formats, among which the only QP one is
....wq1,
corresponding to the veeeeery old version 1 under DOS! It does open in
QP8, but
as some functions of the Excel did not exist in QP1-DOS, they give
errors...

If it helps I can send you the result of this transformation (.wq1) or
the .wb3
file created by QP8.
Or else, if you tell me what version of QP you have, I can _try_ and
make you
another 'translation'.

Please be aware that such translations are usually far from perfect...!
You'll
probably have to fiddle a bit!
The simplest would be to find somebody around you who does have Excel...
which
is very common.

I take this opportunity to congratulate and thank both Roger and Helmut.

Thierry
50.5N 4.3E