From: Frans W. Maes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 01 December 2003 11:34
To: sundial@rrz.uni-koeln.de
Subject: Re: Dial design

Hi Richard,

It seems you have reinvented Piet Hein's helical dial. See the home page
of Egeskov Castle, http://www.egeskov.dk/english/sightseeing/index.htm
and click nr. 25 on the map or in the list below it.

John Moir showed already that the dial does not function well outside
the equinoxes in BSS Bulletin 95.1.

I give an explanation of this ill-behavior in my website:
www.fransmaes.nl/sundials, choose Index and goto Kvaerndrup.

Regards,
Frans Maes
53.1N 6.5E