From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Andrew James
Sent: 01 December 2003 12:53
To: sundial@rrz.uni-koeln.de
Subject: RE: Dial design

An quick and easy way to make a helical dial for demonstration and
experimental purposes is to take a wide strip of dressmaking elastic, with a
whole twist, held on a frame which can be made for example by bending a wire
coathanger. The hours can be marked in ink at equal intervals while it's
flat. This isn't my own idea but I can't remember whose it was - so I offer
apologies and credit wherever it is due.

Regards
Andrew James
51 04' N   1 18' W