In the March 10 Time magazine, there is an article by Richard Lacayo about
the winning design by architect Daniel Libeskind to rebuild to World Trade
Center Site.

It describes an interesting solar marker or "wedge of light"  that will be
built into the design to mark the precise time of the attack and there is
also a photo of the architect's original sketch of this.

The article says:

"In a gesture that harks back to the ancient markers of Egypt and Peru, he
has designed his public squares so that each year on Sept 11, a wedge of
sunlight will fall across one of them (a tower) from 8:46a.m., when the
first of the hijacked planes struck, until 10:28 a.m., when the second tower
fell."

John

John L. Carmichael Jr.
Sundial Sculptures