Hello John Pickard, and List members:

MSC Industrial Supply Co. ( www.mscdirect.com ) has a massive catalog (over 4000 pages containing over 500,000 items), which includes an amazing assortment of adhesives. It lists an 18' roll of 3/4" 3M high performance adhesive transfer tape for about $7 US. (Their minimum order is, I believe, $25.00) Anyone can browse the website, or order their catalog on CD or print.

I've not bought adhesives from them, but they're also a source of lots of hard-to-find items. My orders have been processed promptly, shipping is same-day, and prices seemed reasonable. All of my experiences with this company have been good.

Best wishes,

Mac Oglesby

P.S. Although their main focus seems to be USA sales, MSC seems to accept international orders. From their website FAQ:

Q: What if I'm ordering from an international location?
A: Please call International Sales, Monday through Friday (9am - 6pm ET) at
+1-713-862-8665 or fax at +1-713-862-7921. Delivery, duty, and tax are the responsibility of the customer and warranties are void outside of the U.S.

David,

That seems about right, it was such a pad that was used on the aerial for my
mobile phone. I recall that stick-on security plates for laptop computers
also use a pad of double-sided "stuff". Wish I knew where I could buy it.

All I have been able to buy in small quantities is standard DIY / home
hardware grade double-sided adhesive. It may be possible to get the
high-strength stuff from 3M or one of the industrial tape manufacturers. I
haven't  tried this yet, but when I have asked manufacturers for small
amounts of other products, I have found that the minimum order / package
size was way beyond my means and needs. Even the agents for some companies
are reluctant to order small quantities.

Cheers, John

[EMAIL PROTECTED]