http://www.shadows.com

http://www.shadowspro.com (This is the new site.  I think it's still in Beta.)

You might want to suggest to the program author that he consider adding this feature to the pay version of the software, if not to the free version.  It is a useful combination.  Please let me know if you find a convenient method of quickly creating the dual sundial on one sheet of paper.

Regards,

Albert Franco

Tom Egan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm looking for a program that will allow me to print out on one piece
of paper an analemmatic and a horizontal sundial. This allows the user
to find the correct time and true north by rotating the paper in the
horizontal plane until both dials read the same time.

I know I can get a canned version of this at axum.tripod.com but I want
to be able to personalize it as I could at John Hoy's page. (I'm
thinking of making some of these for holiday gifts for friends.) I
tried John Hoy's URL from March 2000, but it was "Not Found on this
server" as of today. A thread from back then is appended below.

Can anyone point me to a working site or program for such a combination?.

Tom Egan
33.642N 117.943W
I forgot to include t! he url of my webpage in my previous post about paper
sundials. It's www.cyberspace.org/~jh/dial/
I've been told that that url isn't working but it's correct so the server
must have been temporarily down.

The other url I've plugged in the past, axum.tripod.com, is no longer
sundial specific.

Best,

John

On Sun, 19 Mar 2000, john hoy wrote:

> Fellow dialists,
>
> I've revised my webpage and finally managed to get the output of my
> PostScript sundial programs into the gif and PDF formats so if any of you
> tried unsuccessfully in the past to see them I invite you to try again.

-

Do you Yahoo!?
Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now