The Book is out of print according to Amazon but Praxis still list it at I
think around 45 dollars.

You might also find this interesting:

http://www.surveyhistory.org/the_dividing_engine.htm

This came from a Google search.  If you need to divide a circle accurately,
Engineers use a clever device called a dividing head which has interchangeable
dividing plates and can accurately divide a circle into an almost unlimited
combination of divisions.  It is an interesting device in it's own right.

Also, an engineering lathe with backgears can use these as a dividing machine.
By using a stop (or 'dog')which locates into a tooth of the back gear with the
motor off and disconnected, allows precise circular location of the lathe
spindle in a wide range of circular divisions depending on the gear ratio used
between the 'dividing' back gear and the spindle.  I am sorry if this is
unclear but it is difficult to describe in words.

This technique is used to accurately mark the divisions on machine 'adjusting
screw collars' in small workshops.  There are some very good texts on this
subject in the engineering press.  If anyone would like a reference email me
privately.

Terry

This mail sent through http://webmail.zoom.co.uk