Hello friends,

I applaud Daniel Roth's change, but hope that list members will take the trouble to Cc the list with anything that is sundial related.

Best wishes,

Mac Oglesby

Dear list members,

from now on, when you perform the action reply in your e-mail client, not the sundial list (sundial@rrz.uni-koeln.de) will be addressed but the sender of the e-mail to which you reply. Now you have to change the addressee to sundial@rrz.uni-koeln.de or insert the mailing list's address into the Cc field.

Once, we had many discussions on this list about this topic and there was a majority decision to have the reply style that way that sundial@rrz.uni-koeln.de is addressed in the reply case. I now have changed the reply style against this former decision as the disadvantage of injuring privacy with falsely publicly addressed contents is evident.

I hope that the traffic with your valuable contributions doesn't slow down with this new style. Discussions could end now earlier as people don't Cc their e-mail to the list.

My recent decision is not irrevocable but let us try it this way for some weeks.

Best regards -

- Daniel Roth, sundial mailing list
Cologne, Germany