Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 1:09 PM
Subject: declination
 John, I was just having a go at measuring the declination of a window in my house - I am not convinced of the accuracy of my measurement of sun angle to wall,but I wondered if you could double check the calcualtions? The window was approx south facing. 22 nov 2004 at14.01 gmtI used a nail 92mm long on a vertical board and its shadow was 50mm to the right of the nail. So the sun angle to the wall is 28 deg 31min 23sec west of south.My astronomy program gave me azimuth of sun to be 209 deg 44min 31sec ie 29deg 44min 31sec west of south, for lat 51deg 25min 20sec North and long 2 deg 42 min 30 sec west.So I reckon the the wall faces 1 deg 13 min 8 sec west of south?? Regards and hope you dont mind my asking you about this,Carol
 Carol ArnoldStained glass artist, commissions welcome,please take a look at my stained glass website
http://www.carolarnold.co.uk