Hello All,

I notice that the NASS Sundial Register usually only gives the sundials' locations, a few remarks on each sundial, and an occasional link to a photo.

Conspicuously absent are the dates of installation and the names of the designers and makers.  I consider most sundials to be works of art.  And I think when documenting works of art, that it is most important, the very least,  to include the date and maker when known.  I think the makers and designers should get credit for what they have done. Listing the names and dates is also important for historical research.

In addition, I would guess that the Sundial Register is the most looked-at link by the public on the NASS website. The public goes to the Register to get ideas for sundials that they would like to have, but they have no idea who made them and can not contact the makers.  I think it would stimulate and facilitate production of more public sundials if this information were present.  A link to the makers' and designers' websites or email addresses would be most helpful to the buying public.

and that's my two cents worth....

respectfully,

John Carmichael